Parameter Estimation and Inverse Problems Homepage
Second Edition, January 2012
Department of Geosciences, Colorado State University
Mathematics Department, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Department of Geoscience, University of Wisconsin-Madison
We are pleased to note the publication of the second editon of our textbook, Parameter Estimation and Inverse Problems, by Elsevier Academic Press (ISBN:978-0-12-385048-5; Elsevier book site).
The authors express sincere thanks to the instructors, reviewers, and students who were so helpful in facilitating its completion.
- Second Edition typos and errata:
- The latest version of the MATLAB software materials, incorporating post-first-printing changes, can be found here (cd_5.3.zip).
- A beta version of the first edition book code rewritten in R by Jonathan Lees can be found at http://cran.r-project.org.
- The Elsevier companion site: http://www.elsevierdirect.com/companion.jsp?ISBN=9780123850485
- The Elsevier instructor website (login required): http://textbooks.elsevier.com/web/manuals.aspx?isbn=9780123850485
Third Edition, 2018
We are currently working on a third edition of Parameter Estimation and Inverse Problems. Should you have relevant comments or suggestions, please feel free contact the authors.
An accompanying Parameter Estimation and Inverse Problems Instructor’s Guide for the Second Edition will shortly be available to instructors from the Elsevier book site. The Guide contains overviews of all of the chapters and suggestions for instructors, as well as solutions to all problems in the book with MATLAB code where indicated.
Recent Representative Courses, Instructors, and Institutions Using Parameter Estimation and Inverse Problems:
- Geophysical Inverse Theory and Practice, Colorado State University
- Inverse Theory, New Mexico Tech
- Inverse Theory, New Mexico State University
- Inverse Theory, University of Wyoming
- Geophysical Inverse Theory, Stanford University
- Inverse Problems and Global Optimization, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Geophysical Inverse Theory, Saint Louis University
- Inverse Problems and Imaging, University of Manchester
- Inverse Problems, Institute of Applied Mathematics, Middle East Technical University, Ankara
- Geophysical Data Analysis: Inverse Theory, Rice University
This class and textbook makes extensive use of MATLAB by The Mathworks.
Last updated: January 20, 2017