Salmon play a multifaceted and significant role in the lives of many people and communities across the globe. In consideration of this, and the financial hardships created by the COVID-19 pandemic that many face, the Pathways 2021 team is offering a limited number of scholarships for individuals closely impacted by the issues surrounding salmon recovery. For successful applicants, the scholarship will cover the full cost of registration ($300 USD for students, $550 USD for non-students).
Successful applicants will be awarded a voucher to cover the full cost of registration for the conference ($300 USD for students, $550 USD for non-student recipients).
The scholarship is open to all individuals (including students) closely impacted by the issues of salmon recovery who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they are impacted by the issues of salmon recovery.
- Applicants must demonstrate ability to cover the remainder of their costs not covered by the scholarship (lodging, travel, incidentals, etc.)
- For international applicants, the applicant must either possess a U.S. VISA or demonstrate the ability to obtain one.
- While not required, preference will be given to applicants with accepted submissions for the Pathways 2021 conference. Preference will be given to applicants with accepted submissions related to salmon recovery.
Application review will be double-blind.
How To Apply:
To apply for a scholarship, all applicants must fill out and e-mail the application form (see top of page) to wcnr_hdnr_pathways@Mail.colostate.edu by April 2nd, 2021. International applicants must include confirmation that your abstract has been submitted along with your application.
Awards will be announced April 23, 2021.
All international applicants with submitted abstracts will be considered, but only applicants with accepted abstracts will be eligible to receive scholarship awards.
Please note, successful applicants will be responsible for covering the cost of lodging, travel and other incidentals independently.
Students from accredited universities and institutions are offered a discounted registration rate of $300 USD. General student scholarships are not available.