U.S. Federal or State Government Employee Scholarships
For U.S. Federal or State Government Employees:
Due to decreases in federal and state funding for natural resource agencies, many practitioners living in the United States may also struggle to find sufficient funding to attend the event. Therefore, the Pathways Team will be offering a limited number of small grants for the 2019 conference and training. These scholarships are designed to cover up to $600 for federal and state agency employees to help offset travel or registration costs.
To be eligible for a U.S. Agency Scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be employed by a U.S. federal or state natural resource management agency in a junior or midlevel position.
- The applicant is encouraged to submit an abstract for presentation at Pathways 2019.
- The applicant must demonstrate significant need for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate their ability to match funds provided through this scholarship in order to cover the remainder of the costs.
- The applicant must have a primary focus on some aspect of human dimensions of fish and wildlife research, management, or policy.
*Special considerations will be made for applicants presenting research focused on the Human Dimensions of predator control, trophy hunting and wolf reintroduction*
To apply for a scholarship, ALL APPLICANTS must fill out and e-mail the attached application form to wcnr_hdnr_pathways@Mail.colostate.edu by April 15th , 2019. Scholarship awards will be announced by May 15th, 2019.