Organized Session/Symposia Proposals
November 5, 2021
Organized sessions (also known as symposia), offer the opportunities for attendees to organize a series of presentations related to any of the conference themes.
- Organized Sessions will be comprised of 4-6 paper presentations with a suggested time of 20 minutes per speaker (15 min presenting, 5 min Q & A).
- Roundtable, panel discussions and other formats are also welcome.
- Speakers are scheduled according to the organizer’s preferences.
- Organized Sessions are scheduled to run concurrently with other conference sessions.
Organizers of all types of sessions will be responsible for:
- Being the primary point of contact with the Tourism Naturally 2022 Conference Planning Committee.
- Completing the Organized Session Submission Form (above) and submitting that sheet with the session proposal on ExOrdo. Please be aware, a maximum of 6 presentations/authors is permitted for a 120 min session; a maximum of 4 presentations/authors is permitted for a 90 min session.
- Identifying and inviting their session participants, ensuring that they have upload their abstracts to ExOrdo and that those abstracts have been noted as being a part of that Organized Session, and ensuring that they are registered for the conference and will attend the Organized Session.
- Serving as the chair (or designating a person to chair) for each symposium.
You are invited to propose coordinated paper presentations, panel discussions, or round tables. Session Organizers are responsible for identifying and inviting their session’s participants. Organizers are encouraged to seek a geographically and intellectually diverse group of participants. We strongly encourage all organizers to identify contributors whose work will allow for comparisons across different theoretical or disciplinary perspectives, methodological approaches, and geographic and cultural contexts.
The session organizer should adhere to the following guidelines when submitting through this system:
Step 1) Please download the Organized Session Submission form (above) and fill it out accordingly.
Step 2) Create an account with ExOrdo by visiting: https://tn2022.exordo.com/ and select either the “Organized Session (90 min)” or “Organized Session (120 min)” track.
Step 3) Provide a title (≤8 words) and detailed description (purpose and content) for the organized session (≤300 words). Enter this into the online form. For panel discussions, round tables, or other (i.e., not oral presentations) the proposal should indicate the proposed session format and list the panelist (with their associated title, affiliation, country and email address).
Step 4) Provide the name and affiliation information for the Session Organizer(s) in the online system under the “Authors” step. Only provide session organizer information here, do not list the presenters/authors included in your session. “Presenting Author” selections will be ignored. PLEASE NOTE: No more than the first 5 authors may be listed to retain program readability.
Step 5) Choose up to 3 topics of interest that accurately categorize your organized session. The Tourism Naturally 2022 conference theme is “Protected Areas, Tourism and a Changing World”. This theme will guide the development of our plenary and training program. We encourage individual sessions that fall within the Tourism Naturally 2022 conference theme, but this is not a requirement. The conference organizers have drafted a broader list of potential key topic areas that we hope will inspire the conference program. Please visit the Tourism Naturally 2022 website at https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/tourism-conference/theme/ to learn more about the theme.
Step 6) You will be asked to confirm that you are submitting an Organized Session. This question is in reference to the submission that you are currently entering. You will reply “YES” here and proceed to the next question where you are asked to upload a completed Organized Session Worksheet for each presentation. Attach all symposia presentation worksheets using the “Add an Attachment” button.
You should receive an email receipt from the system approximately 15 minutes after you submit your session. All accepted submissions will be notified by December 20, 2021. If your session is accepted, then presenting authors will be required to submit their PowerPoint files no later than June 1, 2022. Instructions for PowerPoint submissions are found at the end of this document.