Tourism in protected areas affects the lives of many people and communities across the globe. With the tourism shift from cities to natural areas during COVID-19, tourism in protected areas has been magnified. In consideration of this, and the financial hardships created by the COVID-19 pandemic that many face, the Tourism Naturally team is offering a limited number of scholarships for individuals closely linked to or impacted by the issues surrounding protected areas, tourism, and a changing world. For successful applicants, the scholarship will cover the full cost of registration.
Successful applicants will be awarded a voucher to cover the full cost of registration for the conference ($300 USD for students, $475 USD for non-student recipients, $150 USD for virtual attendance).
The scholarship is open to all individuals (including students) closely impacted by the issues of tourism in protected areas who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they are impacted by the issues of protected areas, tourism, and a changing world.
- Applicants, who intend to join the conference in person, must demonstrate ability to cover the remainder of their costs not covered by the scholarship (lodging, travel, incidentals, etc.)
- For international applicants, who intend to join the conference in person, the applicant must either possess a U.S. VISA or demonstrate the ability to obtain one.
- While not required, preference will be given to applicants with accepted submissions for the Tourism Naturally conference. Preference will be given to applicants with accepted submissions related to protected areas, tourism, and a changing world.
Application review will be double-blind.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a scholarship, ALL APPLICANTS must fill out and e-mail the application form to WCNR_hdnr_TourismConference@mail.colostate.edu by January 15, 2022. International applicants must include confirmation that your abstract has been submitted along with your application. Scholarship awards will be announced by February 4, 2022. All application review will be blind. See the application form below.
All international applicants with submitted abstracts will be considered, but only applicants with ACCEPTED abstracts will be eligible to receive scholarship awards.
PLEASE NOTE, SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COVERING THE COST OF LODGING, TRAVEL AND OTHER INCIDENTALS INDEPENDENTLY.
Students from accredited universities and institutions are offered a discounted registration rate of $300 USD. General student scholarships are not available.
Scholarship Applications are due by January 15, 2022. Late applicants will be considered after those received by the deadline.