To prospective graduate students:
Hello and thank you for your interest in my lab!

There are no openings for graduate students or postdocs at this time.

I am only able to take on students when I have the funding to support them. When seeking graduate students I generally advertise nationally, such as on the American Fisheries Society Jobs webpage. However, occasionally agency deadlines necessitate taking on students from a pool of existing candidates.

I welcome inquiries from well-qualified prospective graduate students and I keep a file of the best of these applicants.  You can send me the following information, so I have it in the event that funding for new graduate projects becomes available:

1. research interests and professional goals
2. curriculum vitae
3. college transcripts (unofficial OK initially)
4. GRE scores (unofficial OK initially)

I appreciate your interest and I wish you the best in your career.

FWCB Graduate Student Information
CSU Graduate School

Undergraduate positions:
There are often opportunities for paid work in my lab.  These positions depend on availability of funds, but I can often afford to hire qualified students with Work-Study support.  Undergraduate assistants help with sample processing and analysis in the laboratory (e.g., diet analysis, plankton sample analysis, stable isotope analysis, otolith analysis) and data analysis, library research, and report writing.  There are opportunities for field sampling experience as well.  I will post job announcements on my web page and around the Wagar building when I have openings but if you have Work-Study support you can contact me at any time.

CONTACT:
Dr. Brett M. Johnson
Department of Fish, Wildlife and Conservation Biology
1474 Campus Delivery
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1474
email: brett.johnson@colostate.edu

Background checks: Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.