Tourism Naturally Conference 2022 Code of Conduct
Tourism Naturally Conference 2022 Event Principals**
Tourism Naturally 2022 works to act as a neutral platform that promotes inclusivity at all meetings and to create a safe, welcoming, supportive, collaborative and productive atmosphere for all participants, including exhibitors, volunteers, and vendors. Tourism Naturally 2022 values the diversity of views, expertise, opinions, backgrounds and experiences reflected in our audience at each conference. To continue to foster a positive and inclusive environment, all conference participants are expected to abide by the following Event Principals:
- Kindness and courtesy
- Open and respectful communication
- Adherence to venue and conference bylaws and principals
- Uphold the Tourism Naturally Conference mission
- Criminal offenses
- Participation in or promotion of harassment, intimidation, or discriminatory behaviors in person at the event, via email with conference participants or the Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team, or on social media platforms associated with the event
- Overt, subtle, physical, verbal, or non-verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, sponsor, exhibitor, service provider, event guest or conference team member
- Disruption of talks at the meeting/event or other associated activities organized by the Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team.
- Non-adherence to venue rules
*Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to: inappropriate comments related to gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national origin, or breastfeeding; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or presentations; inappropriate sexual advances or unwanted touching; plagiarism; theft of conference goods; threatening, bullying, harassment (sexual and otherwise), discrimination or stalking of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, sponsor, exhibitor, service provider or conference team member; attending and/or auditing sessions and conference events without having paid for registration unless otherwise invited by the conference team; violation of venue and conference policies regarding alcohol and recreational marijuana.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior by either a conference participant, vendor, venue staff member, sponsor, or Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team member is expected to comply immediately.
- Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team members may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund.
- Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team members will report all criminal offenses to the local authorities and Colorado State University, and reserves the right to report a possible criminal offense where appropriate.
- The Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future conferences affiliated events organized by Colorado State University’s Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources.
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately follow these steps:
- Remove yourself from the situation and into a safe space. If a medical emergency or criminal emergency has occurred, contact local emergency response authorities and the Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team immediately.
- For non-emergency situations, participants who feel they have been subject to criminal or possible criminal behavior have the right to report it to the Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team and/or local law enforcement.
- Email WCNR_HDNR_tourismconference@mail.colostate.edu to report an incidence of unacceptable behavior. Please provide your name, contact information and a brief description of the concern, and include “UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR REPORT” in the email title. This message will be received by the HDNR Event Coordinator and forwarded to the conference chair(s) and the Warner College of Natural Resources Dean.
- All concerns related to unacceptable behavior will be treated seriously and addressed immediately by the Tourism Naturally 2022 conference team.
- Depending on the nature of the issue, additional information, security or local law enforcement may be needed to address the situation appropriately.
**Adapted in part from the ICCB Code of Conduct