Danny Martin (Ph.D.)

“Ecology and Conservation of Terrestrial Reptiles in the Great Plains”

My research interests include habitat degradation and fragmentation, animal movement and habitat use, survey methods, and distribution patterns as they relate to conservation of reptile species.

John Crockett (M.S.)

“Understanding the factors that influence boreal toad survival and response to population invasion by the amphibian chytrid fungus”

Abbey Feuka (M.S.)

“Understanding Brown Treesnake movement ”

I am an M.S. student in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology and the Colorado Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit. I am interested in the use of quantitative approaches to determine how animals move through their environment and select habitat on multiple spatial scales, especially in the face of land-use and climate change. I have worked with a variety of taxa, but I am especially interested in these concepts as they relate to amphibians and reptiles. I will be working with a team of USGS scientists on Guam to translocate and track invasive Brown Treesnakes to determine how their movements, habitat selection, and behavior compare to non-translocated individuals. The resulting models will help inform management of future accidental translocations of this species.

Emma Hanslowe (M.S.)

“Evaluating rodent abundance indices ”

I earned a B.S. in Wildlife and Conservation Biology from the University of Rhode Island in 2013 and worked with invasive reptiles in Florida from 2014 – 2017. I am currently pursuing a M.S. in Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology at Colorado State University under the advisement of Dr. Larissa Bailey. My thesis research is a collaboration with the U.S. Geological Survey Invasive Species Science Branch and will investigate invasive rodent suppression on Guam. I am largely interested in conducting applied ecological research to inform natural resource management, especially with herpetofauna and invasive animals. I hope to ultimately work for a government agency, NGO, or non-profit organization in this field.

Bennett Hardy (Ph.D.)

“Population and disease dynamics of  threatened amphibians”

My research interests broadly center on the ecology and conservation of reptiles and amphibians. I have spent most of my early career focusing on montane frog conservation by studying the disease ecology and conservation genomics of Cascades Frogs in the southern Cascades Range.  As a PhD student in the Graduate Degree Program in Ecology (GDPE) under primary advisor Dr. Larissa Bailey and co-advisor Dr. Chris Funk, I hope to gain experience in experimental, molecular, modeling, and field-based approaches to address conservation-related questions for declining Boreal Toad populations in the southern Rocky Mountains.