July 24 to 27, 2022; Estes Park, Colorado, USA
Since 1975, SSAFR has been the premier international forum for forest systems analysis, operations research (OR) and decision science (https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/ssafr2021/previous-editions/).
The SSAFR community has been the primary contributor to almost all key forest management and planning research during the past century, e.g., harvest scheduling, supply chain, forest health, spatial optimization, wildland fire risk management, simulation, stochastic process, and forest and fire economics. The SSAFR community also embraces the opportunities of emerging new data science technologies and the challenges from the global climate changes.
SSAFR is an inclusive and diverse international community that welcomes collaborators and speakers from different countries and backgrounds. SSAFR is also committed to providing a supportive environment for new forest students and researchers.
This 19th symposium will accept abstracts related with the following subjects:
- Forest management and planning
- Forest transportation and supply chain optimization
- Wildfire risk simulation, management and decision support
- Forest health, invasive species, and wildlife habitat management
- Spatially explicit optimization
- Stochastic process simulation and optimization
- Quantitative forest and fire economics
- Forest and watershed management
- Data science and machine learning
- Forest systems analysis under the impact of climate change
We look forward to seeing you in Colorado in about eight months!
Yu Wei, Chair of the 19th SSAFR
Professor of Forest Management
Dept. of Forest and Rangeland Stewardship
Colorado State University
Ft Collins, CO 80523